Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B Is For Beagles

I've been dog crazy as long as I can remember.  I can probably trace it back to the first time my Grandma told me that the best scent in the world is puppy breath and I knew she was right.  I adore babies and smile and coo over them, but give me a puppy and I go ga-ga.

And if it's a Beagle pup, I am over the moon, venturing into Lady Ga-Ga territory.  I love their floppy ears, their soulful eyes, their silky fur, their howling bays....

Beagles aren't for everyone: they are food hounds, scent hounds, running hounds, noisy hounds; but if you  understand a Beagle, then your life is very good.

If you've had a long day at work and just want to sprawl out on the couch watching TV, they want to be right there with you, and having them curl up close makes the evening so much better.

Exhibit A

If I hadn't wanted a picture of this cuteness (man and dogs!) you'd have found me occupying that empty spot, curled up with them, happy.

13 comments:

  1. My mom always said that beagles are clean dogs. I don't know enough about them to know if that's true, but I have met a few in my life and loved them all. ☺

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are clean dogs! We did tons of research before we got a dog, and one of my top needs was a dog that needed little in the way of grooming. Beagles are just right for that!

      Delete
  2. I love beagles! I even had one years ago. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really think they are the breed for us.

      Delete
  3. My aunt and uncle raised beagles and they are great dogs. I always wanted one of the puppies but everyone said no. That is why I have 2 dogs today! I follow this and your Emma Beagle blog. I love it when she posts.
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Emma Beagle has been suffering from some serious writers block....

      Delete
  4. I've been blessed to have a quiet Beagle. He only bays when I'm teasing him with his tennis ball or he wants to come inside - and then its only once.

    And yes - no food is safe! But I love Jack and for the most part, he's a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently our Beagles are giving a neighbor dog an earful....how dare he walk around his back yard!

      Delete
  5. Love it!! Looks peaceful great blog for me to read and understand a dog lover's "over the moon" love. <3 Precious post!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My 3 year old nephew just asked me last night, "Oh-Cho, why do you have three dogs?" and I answered simply, "Because I love dogs." Still, three seems like a lot when I'm walking them!

      Delete
  6. they are adorable--i had one as a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to confess, I'm a cat person myself, but if I had a dog, it would be a beagle.
    >^○^<

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad is a big beagle lover so we had a few over the years growing up. The best of all was Brandy, she was a good-natured, well-mannered sweetheart. My own current dogs are mixed up mutts--but two of them have a pretty sizable helping of beagle since their mother was half-beagle, half German shepherd.

    Love the picture! Everyone looks so comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete