Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U Is For Underwear!

In my younger years, I was a member of every book club imaginable.  I loved book clubs more than I liked movie or music clubs, and my love is the reason my kids had an extensive library all of their own.  Some books are treasured by them and kept upstairs away from little cousins; others are treasured by me and kept downstairs to read over and over and over to those same little guys.

This book captured my heart with the first few lines.


"Zachary Zebra did not like buttons or snaps or sleeves or slippers or zillions of zippers.  But he did like... underwear."

Animals in underwear is just plain funny!  And who doesn't like a nice, comfy, fitting just right pair of underwear?  But the best part about this book is listening to the kids giggle as I say the word 'underwear' 38 times.

This book has been read by me for 17 years, and I'm still not tired of reading 38 'underwears' in a single sitting.

9 comments:

  1. This book sounds fantastic! I bet my kids would love it, too. I'll look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha. I bet my granddaughter would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks adorable and I'm sure my almost four-year-old niece would love hearing "underwear" a bunch, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some words that will always make kids laugh. Underwear is one of them. Cute book.
    Kathy @ Swagger Writers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is so cute, and it looks fun and funny, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this book. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books were always my first love. How great that your kids will grow up to appreciate books the way you did. I have never heard of this book, but I can understand the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So close to my favorite: Aliens Love Underpants! What is it that makes underwear so awesome?

    ReplyDelete