Friday, April 5, 2013

E Is For Everyday

Everyday life can be a soul sucking drag.  It can be Groundhog Day over and over and I've never been a fan of that movie.  Side question, is any girl?  I only know guys who list it in their top ten.  Everyday life is the same thing, the dishes get dirty, the clothes get piled, the table gets papered, and some days it's kind of overwhelming and I want to run away to the beach and sip tasty adult beverages while my book lays in my lap, unread, because I'm too busy doing nothing.

Yesterday seemed like one of those everyday blahs, but my husband asked me to tell him one thing that was good about my day.

My first thought was to snap, "Nothing!" and then I remembered a certain baby niece of mine dancing her heart out to Kanye West's "Gold Digger," and I couldn't help but smile and laugh.  Playing different music to an adorable baby to see which makes her boogie isn't everyday life....but maybe it should be.  Even today, the memory of her not moving to "All the Single Ladies" but bopping to "Posse On Broadway" makes me happy, and that's with a kitchen sink full of every cup we own and a work day when I was supposed to be off.

Everyday is for dancing babies.  Ally McBeal might have been on to something....

14 comments:

  1. haha, I love this! And yes, I totally agree about the Groundhog Day thing. On two points. It IS a guy thing, and most of my days DO feel like the same thing over and over and over again. I'm gonna have to go find me some dancing babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back home leaving my dancing babies in Santa Barbara. Now it is back to 'everyday'.
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Groundhog Day too...not a great film. You should try and do something new everyday so life doesn't get boring! Love the dancing baby stuff, might have to try it in my niece someday too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my days are usually same old, same old., too. Even though I like routine, sometimes I want to change things up. LOL This week has been nice because my son is on spring break, so we have the time to go out and do different things. Next week (too soon), we're back to the routine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've felt that way, too. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Ally McBeal reference! Stopping by from ribbitsandtiaras.com for the A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beach and tasty adult beverage ... I'm IN!!

    Always think of something grateful every day and your days will rock. I discovered this by writing this A-Z blog with a theme of gratitude. It forces me to think of something every DAY for which I am thankful.

    Keep up the good work!

    Dana
    Waiter, drink please!


    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree about Groundhog Day too! Happy A to Z-ing

    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Groundhog Day has a great message but the waiting to receive it can be a bit tedious. I'm glad you found a fun moment in your day.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, get smacked upside the head by the tedium of the same old-same old. I think you're definitely on to something by picking out those little moments and trying to focus on them.

    Regarding Groundhog Day, I just read a piece in The Atlantic Monthly about the twentieth anniversary of the movie--the author (yes, a guy--James Parker) goes into great depth explaining the meaning of the movie. I'm still not going to rush out and watch it again, but I do understand the appeal at least a little better now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post - you made me grin!

    Nice to meet you. Try switching to paper cups and plates - works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm the wicked Writer, and female and I love Groundhog day lol, your post is brilliant, Do you have a dishwasher (no I don't mean you washing the dishes, I mean a machine), it's a lifesaver, only problem then is not who washes the dishes, but who empties the darned thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post - there are days when I feel like Sisyphus, rolling that boulder up the hill every day. It is good to stop and think... and laugh.

    Really enjoying your A to Zs!
    Jess / Blogging on the Brink

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that baby girl of mine was able to brighten your day! She is awfully cute!!! And she loves going to Oh-Cho's house for dance party. :)

    ReplyDelete