Saturday, April 6, 2013

F Is For Free Find

Free is music to my ears.  Last Sunday my husband said he would love to drive 40 minutes to a pile of leftover garage sale items, way out in the boonies, based on a chair I saw a corner of in the pictures.

Imagine my shock when we rolled up and there was the chair and stack of free books as the only things left unpicked!  I said put the chair in the truck please, and oh, why not, the books too.


The chair did sit out in our carport a few days, to make sure it was mouse free (I live in fear of bringing vermin into the house through free furniture, and yet, I still bring home the free furniture!) and judging by the amount of grass debris on the cushion, the dogs made use of a comfy piece of furniture while it was in quarantine   Since they did not tear it up searching for a mouse, it has been deemed fit for inside use!


14 comments:

  1. You will have to post a picture of how it looks in your home! Are you going to re-cover it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does need re-covering. The vinyl plastic isn't exactly what I like, but it is currently covered with a blanket and that will do for a time!

      Delete
  2. Great finds! I don't know what I'd love more—the chair or the books. :) They're the perfect duo: a comfy chair to relax in while you read your new (and hopefully good) books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got several intriguing books, currently testing out a book of poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti called A Coney Island of the Mind.... interesting!

      Delete
  3. Yes, great find! We just bought a couple of chairs yesterday, same style but a little more "fluffy." Too bad we didn't get them for free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's surprisingly comfortable. I didn't sit it in at all before we took it, I just made sure all four legs were solidly attached!

      Delete
  4. It's a cute chair! I love free, too, but I had a bad experience with some second-hand furniture. I don't think I'll ever live it down :-)

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did worry about odors and mice, but so far it's good! And the dogs love it even more now that it's inside.

      Delete
  5. wow, nice chair, good doggies and what was in the pile of free books (me a reader and writer...no way...lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book pile consisted of things like The Radio Amateur's Handbook 1947 and The Second Book of Stories for the Story-Teller, all of which are stacked on our table waiting for me to find shelf space for.

      Delete
  6. There's an episode of The Big Bang Theory where Penny brings home a free chair and, well, let's just say, what happens is hilarious and exactly why I will not bring home free furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we drove away with our free chair, I said I sure hope it doesn't have a critter in it like Penny's lovely free chair did!

      Delete
  7. If you like free items check out your local freecyce list: www.freecycle.org

    visiting from www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete