Saturday, April 27, 2013

X Is For X-Treme Sports

After walking my three dogs this morning, I came home feeling like our 1.5 mile walk had taken us ten years and every day was boot camp. Three dog walking should be classified as an X-Treme sport.  It takes extreme arm strength to keep them together and untangled.  I've got to be extremely agile to avoid tripping when they stop short and glob together to smell one super interesting spot right in front of me.  Plus there is extreme danger of leash burn when walking past another dog in a yard as I try to hold them to heel.  And if that other dog is barking....well....that moves from the X-Treme to the Completely Insane What Was I Thinking category!

By the end of our walk, after the huge Rottweiler tried to break his fence down to 'be friends' and the Mutt and Jeff team of a Golden Retriever and a Chihuahua barked their unflattering opinion of us (based on my girls' reactions to the barks, I think it was comments on their Mother and her lack of character), it was more CIWWIT.

But worth it.  The girls are sacked out on the couch napping and I feel like I've been to the gym for a whole body work out!

2 comments:

  1. It is xtreme walking my two dogs all by myself too..
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having dogs, for me, is an extreme sport. Walking them is beyond comprehension. xoxo Lazy Lazy Marianne

    ReplyDelete