Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Got You Babe

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
I guess that's so, we don't have a pot
But at least I'm sure of all the things I've got

18 years ago today, we were 18 year old kids, standing on the edge of the best decision we ever made. I know people said we were too young, but just because we were young didn't mean we didn't know what marriage and love is all about.

It's been hard work and fun times, it's been making ends meet and rolling merrily along, it's been frustrations and joy....and it's been just about perfect!

We've grown up together, melded our lives into one adventure, and I can honestly say I love him more today than I did back then. You just have no idea how love is going to grow, how you think you love him so much, and then you watch him hold your newborn son for the first time or move a back breaking piano into the house for your daughter or be a goofball to make the family laugh hysterically, or hand you a piece of cheese to stave off a hungry melt down proving that he does know you, and you love him more than you did. So much more....

I got flowers in the spring, I got you to wear my ring
And when I'm sad, you're the clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

I got you to hold my hand
I got you to understand
I got you to walk with me
I got you to talk with me
I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so

I got you Babe.

Thank God.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary ... I've always been a believer in first love, true love. I'm so thankful it is still true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I just happened on your blog by hitting "next blog".

    ReplyDelete