Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Bangs Were Born To Feather

I have a clear memory from around the time I was 8 or 9 years old, where I loved it take the comb and do that backwards curly thing (you know what I mean, right?) and watch my bangs feather to perfection.

It's too bad that late 70's, early 80's look isn't still cool today, because my bangs were born to feather!

They do it naturally, if I sweep my bangs off my face, they will feather out with no help. I work really hard to not brush my bangs back, no matter how frazzled and flushed I feel, but even if my hand doesn't do it, the wind likes to rush past me, blowing my hair up and back down, no longer resembling bangs that are flat ironed daily.



I lied a little about the perfection part. One side does have a cowlick and the other side just has a tweak out.

But this is me in my natural state, crazy eyes and feathered bangs.

The only thing that would make this the perfect picture is if I had some braided barrettes!


I saw these and felt an intense rush of desire. I don't care if I am days away from 37 years old. IF these puppies came back in style, I'd make some to wear!

1 comment:

  1. I recently stumbled across your blog and have been thoroughly enjoying it! But I had to post when I saw your picture of the barettes... my mom used to make these to sell at craft fairs, so I had them in every conceiveable color combination! Took me back there for a moment.

    p.s. because of your blog title, I have gone through several loaves of very good bread making toast with Irish butter... yum!

    ReplyDelete