Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We Have A Ghost Dog

I've learned to sleep alone, and sleep soundly and peacefully. Not by choice, but by not having any other choice. My hubby has always had a job that involves being gone nights. So, it's either pull up my big girl panties and learn to get a good nights sleep, or go crazy imagining all the noises I've heard are spooky monsters.

That being said, I never sleep with the closet door open and I still tuck all my limbs under the blanket to avoid the things under the bed.

A few weeks ago, I woke up because I heard dog toe nails on the hardwood floor outside my bedroom door. I have three dogs. I know what they sound like as they walk around. My first thought was I better get up to open the door for them. My next thought was wondering how they got out of their latched cage....maybe I didn't fully catch the clasp.....It's been known to happen. Once.

I got up and opened the door and low and behold, nothing. No dog. I did some tactical searching of the house, but all the dogs are in their crates, all the kids are zonked out in their beds. I decided I was imagining it, but at the back of my mind I was thinking, "Ghost Dog!"

It makes a good story to laugh about. But fast forward a few nights, and before I fall asleep I hear dog tags jingling. Okay. I know the dogs are not out. I ask my barely awake husband if he can hear it. He is silent for a minute, then says, yes, he can. Ghost Dog!

He insists it's the ceiling fan's pull chains clinking together.

I think otherwise.

Ghost Dog!

The kids have always said they think our house is haunted.....

Ghost Dog!

I did pull the covers up over my ears last night. If Ghost Dog was walking around, I didn't want to know. I really needed to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment