Friday, November 11, 2011

What's In The Monkey's Belly?

There are times when I am expecting extra special company, that I will pull out all the stops. I will sweep my bedroom floor (usually the room that I just close the door on because no one goes in there) and I will wash the cookie jar. I will bake cookies and make sure my old VHS movies are ready to play. I will wash old blankets so they are ready for use and make sure I have glue.


But only for certain extra special guests. Say, the kind who are 6 years old or younger, who might make beds up on the floor of my bedroom, who might ask what's in the Monkey's belly, who might have a love of all my favorite kids movies (that due to the age of my kids, are all on VHS), who might look for old blankets to use to build forts, who might sit at the table with glue and paper and make crafts with me.

I might have three cute, young nephews coming over for a sleepover. I might have three nephews so excited that they started to pack their bags two days ago and laying plans out for who will sleep where and bringing music because they know I will love song #7.

Guess, what boys? Oh-Cho is that excited too!

1 comment:

  1. That made me cry! But it has also been an emotional day! Love, that you made cookies and swept under the bed. The boys had a great time and didn't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete