Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Wish I Could....

I wish I could quit wasting my regular day off on chores.  It's not wasted exactly, since the house is clean at the end of the day and everyone has clean underwear and I feel pleased in a bone tired sort of way.  But I wish I could send the kids off to school and not do a darn thing I didn't want.

I'd quit the laundry, the dusting, the dog bathing, the errands, and I would stay in my comfy pants and drink copious amounts of coffee and eat a large bowl of fruit-o's for breakfast.  I'd make a groove on the couch and watch reruns of "The Golden Girls" and find a good book to fall into.

Instead, I will eat plain cheerios for breakfast because I know it's better for me than that delicious fruity cereal.  I've got 5 loads of laundry sorted, ready to cycle through.  I have a dust problem so bad I could build little dusty 'snow'men.  I have my grocery list in hand ready to shop sensibly.

But I have decided I am going to stay in my comfy pants.  It is my day off after all!


This post inspired by prompt #4 at Mama's Losin' It!

9 comments:

  1. Comfy pants seem to somehow make everything else not so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Scrubbing the dogs first, then the tub wasn't so bad due to the comfortable pants!

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain on this one. Every day off becomes an internal war between what I should do and what I really want to do. If I don't accomplish stuff on my days "off" I feel like they're going to waste, but I also feel like I'm desperately in need of some recharging time, too. Classic mom dilemma, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. Lately, my days off have been less doing chores and getting stuff done and more being exhausted and trying to catch up on sleep. We all deserve me time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe one day you will get your wish! It's really nice to have a free day now and then when you do not have to do anything you don't want to do. I love those days!

    I did this prompt too: http://www.zemeks.blogspot.com/2012/02/three-things-i-wish-i-could-do-writers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone deserves one day of nothing but them. That darn laundry and all that dust can just wait one more day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did take Saturday off with my husband, we gave the kids $$ for dinner, kissed them goodbye, and took off for parts vaguely known. I said if I stayed at home, I'd be doing laundry or some other never ending thing, and I needed a break! We came home late, rested and relaxed and grinning. A day for me was just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete