Monday, February 13, 2012

Sandwich Thoughts

If someone is inside my circle of trust, it doesn't matter if blood is thicker than water.  If I count someone as mine, it doesn't matter if we share genetic coding.  If I care about someone, that is all it will take for me to go crazy mama bear in defense.

If someone eat meals with our family and spends the night frequently, and in my morning question for the kids of, "Do you need me to pack you a sandwich?" I hear someones voice say, "Yes," I will pack someone a sandwich.

And tell someone to ignore my kids who are saying I make the worst sandwiches.  I just happen to believe that when packing a lunch, sandwiches go in the bottom of the bag and everything else gets piled on top.  If my sandwich doesn't have the imprint of an apple on it, it's just not as good as it could have been.

For the record, the only sandwich that I squished today was my own.  And it was delicious!



This post inspired by today's prompt at NaBloPoMo

8 comments:

  1. When I was a pre-teen, I used to pack myself four peanut butter and jam sandwiches. The apple only imprints the top one, and that one is gone before I have the time to note that it had an apple's imprint on it. Besides, the apple was only marking time, before it too joined the sandwiches.

    Maybe that explains why I no longer care for peanut butter. And four sandwiches? I think I'll settle for a couple of rice crackers, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and always will be, a peanut butter fan. I remember opening my Snoopy lunch box and finding that wonderful sandwich every day, minus a bite becuase my mom always taxed the sandwiches she made!

      Delete
  2. My brother went through this phase..when all his sandwiches had to be squished before he ate them.
    I'm somewhat glad that phase is over now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I never outgrew the phase, but I do not know any other adult who prefers squished sandwiches! I love 'em!

      Delete
  3. I'm just jealous that your kids eat sandwiches. I can kind of get by with a PB&J once a week, other wise it's yogurt, yogurt, and more yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granted, they'd prefer elaborate lunches, and left to their own devices will cook a lunch time meal, but when we are travelling or needing something quick for school lunches, they are ok with pb&j. I think pb&j is the most perfect sandwich and I could still eat it every day and be happy!

      Delete
  4. Love squishy sandwiches! And love the mama bear thing, too. Have a case of it myself. (There's a reason why I gave birth to only four children, but have lost track of how many people (some only a few years younger than me) call me "mom.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make grocery lists with everyone's likes and dislikes in mind, just as if all the extra kids are my own!

      Delete