Friday, February 17, 2012

I See You, Blinking Light

I see you, blinking light on the phone signalling a message has been left.  I see you, and I am ignoring you.

The phone rings off the hook lately, but thanks to caller ID, I know that most the time it is telemarketers, a radio survey that has a serious jones for my husband, my daughter's friends because they can't reach her on her cell, my Grandpa calling to ask my husband how the new job is, or the library.

The library leaves long messages telling me I've got holds waiting or books overdue.  Since I am not ready to return my overdue book, I'm going to ignore the message.

By tomorrow morning, I'll be able to face you.  I will have finished my book by then!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Finished the book, checked the message. Yep, the library!

      Delete
  2. I hate it when they call or send e-mails. I haven't finished the book yet! Maybe if I delete the e-mail they'll forget about it just as soon as I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I click 'renew' as many times as I can.....then the most overdue book gets read first on my never ending 'to read' list!

      Delete
  3. Oh, the dreaded blinking light! And the dreaded rush-to-finish the library book. You've got my sympathy on both accounts. I routinely return stuff a couple of days late and tell the library ladies that I do it on purpose because I can only afford to donate to the library in small increments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book....but didn't make it to the library before it closed. One more day won't break the bank!

      Delete
  4. I always ignore my voicemail on my house phone. I know anyone who REALLY wants to reach me will call my cell. And yeah, caller ID. Whoever the 1-800 number is that keeps calling can stop anytime. Is it time to re-up on the "Do Not Call" list?

    ReplyDelete