Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Miss Jon Stewart

When my husband was between jobs recently, we got into the habit of staying up late to watch Jon Stewart.  I should be honest here, my husband stayed up late to watch Jon Stewart.  It was always iffy as to whether I'd actually make it or if I'd be starting to fall asleep.  But that was okay.  I liked falling asleep to the sound of my husband's laughter, and in the morning he'd tell me what the funny jokes were and we'd agree, it's one of those retellings that ends with 'you had to be there' to make it hysterically funny.

Now we're back on a work schedule, and while we love the new job, it means such an early morning start that my husband is asleep by 9 every night.  No more Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  We've talked about setting the show up to record, but haven't.  What if Jon Stewart isn't as funny in the light of day?  That seems unlikely, given that we find him to be Hilarious with a capital H, but it would be weird to watch the show in daylight, instead of just the glow of the TV.  I guess we could close all the blinds and create a mock nighttime feel.....

Oh how I miss Jon Stewart!  He tickles my nighttime funny bone.....that is, when I'm awake enough!

6 comments:

  1. JT really likes him too, but I have only watched him once. Hmmmm, recording the show; why didn't I think of that? Both Annie and I got a chortle out of, "What if he isn't as funny in the light of day?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying he's where I get my news, but....kind of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Jon Stewart issue at our house as well. For a long time, I was recording every episode and watching them myself (light of day--still funny ;) ), but then Hubby said, "How come you're deleting those? I'd like to watch them, too." So I'd leave them in there and he'd never get around to watching them and then there were 30 episodes of Jon Stewart hogging up all the room in the DVR so I went back to watching them alone and deleting them and for a while Hubby didn't notice and then when he did, we had the same conversation all over again except this time we agreed we would watch them together. That was mid-December. Guess how many unwatched episodes of The Daily Show are in our DVR right now?

    Twenty-six. Twenty-six episodes! And I am suffering severe withdrawal. Guess it's time to go behind Hubby's back and get caught up, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always watch his show on the computer, Usually all week at once, also, If the guests aren't really interesting to me, I can move on to the next show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just watched some the same way. Jon is still very funny in the light of day!

      Delete