Monday, February 6, 2012

In Praise Of My Grandpa

Grandfathers are plentiful, but none are like mine.
He is funny and loving and stern and wonderful.
His help kept me ogre free, certified my first car was a good deal, finished a roofing project when my hubby was unexpectedly deployed.
He tells a silly story with a straight face, wrote a terrific history of Swede Hill, walked me down the aisle on my long ago wedding day, and told me I picked a great guy (he's so right).
As a kid, hugs from him were taken for granted.  As an adult, not so much.  Every hug is treasured.
I've grown up knowing, without any doubts, that if I needed anything, he is just a phone call away. 
I am so blessed.
And so is he.  I'm one of 11 grandkids, and we are all pretty awesome!

This post inspired by the prompt of the day at NaBloPoMo

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's really the only way to be! The secret is to hum, whistle and bite your fingernails all at the same time....

      Delete