Sunday, February 5, 2012

What Superbowl Sunday Means To Me

Superbowl Sunday means good food and funny commercials. Our party has little to do with football.  Growing up with all girls, it never even occurred to me to watch the Superbowl...until my sister married her sports loving husband and suddenly, we are a Superbowl family.

Sort of.

If by "Superbowl family" I can mean a group of people who gather to "watch" the game, but mostly eat too much food, play games too loudly, and are completely unaware of which teams are playing in this football extravaganza.

I had so much fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Football is the game where they run around running into each other in tight bright colored satin type capris right?

    Hehe. I just use today as an excuse to eat. A lot. Great day!

    Hope you had loads of fun. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did try my hardest to keep my snacking down to a dull roar!

      Delete
  2. We played cards while my brother's ten-year-old stepson watched in the next room and periodically came in to update us on the score. For years, I've told everyone that the fact that my husband has no interest in televised sports was one of the Top 5 reasons I married him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly takes all kinds, huh?! Wouldn't it be awful to be "stepford" people and all like the same things? how boring that would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am going to chime in here. We had the same friends over that we had two weeks ago, when the Niners got ousted. There was a sewing party upstairs, barbecuing outside, the pool table was jumping, and oh yeah, there was a football game on TV. Great fun, and fun to know that it is this way in other places. Great post, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had the game on, we were playing board games, kid movies were being watched upstairs and my mom made my son's girlfriend look at his baby pictures. It was so much fun!

      Delete