Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweaty Hands & Queasy Stomach

Dreams and ideas can merge into
One Goal
In that in between step, before it's real
When it's still just newly formed,
It's all excitement
And Joy
And I am giddy
It's the next step 
When the Nerves will hit
I will still jump anyway
Sweating hands and queasy stomach
Questioning my sanity
Catching air with my fingers
The pride I feel 
When I land on solid ground
Is worth all the Nerves

This post inspired by prompt #2 atMama's Losin' It!.


 

6 comments:

  1. Great writing. I got nervous while reading it...then you are right. It's so better on the other side of fear - after you conquer it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate to that one! Jump right in with excitement, then the hesitancy and nerves and second guessing. And it always seems to turn out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like (love) also! I am doing this prompt for my Mama Kat post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. And need to tape a copy of it somewhere as a reminder that hardly anything ends up being as scary as I think it will.

    ReplyDelete