Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Perfect Groove

There is a certain place on our love seat, that has my perfect groove in it.  It is my favorite place to sit, to read, to watch TV, to visit with guests.  I find the arms are the perfect height, and the pillow actually adds to my comfort and I tuck my legs under me and I just relax.
Yes, that is a TV tray being used as a side table.  You'd be correct in assuming that I am older than that behavior would attest, but the fact is the TV tray gives my retro lamp just the right height to cast the perfect circle of light. And since my books and magazines and notebooks and various pens cover the rest of the table, I never can see the surface and I totally forget it is a TV tray.

There is only one thing that makes my perfect spot not so perfect.  When I sit, I can't help but see this horrible, hoarders-in-the-making, mess.
It is not mine.  It belongs to my husband and daughter.  This lovely little side table once held phone books and Bibles (all the help you could possibly need in one handy spot!) and now it seems to be the catch all for every sheet of music my family has ever printed.

It's hard to relax when that is right in front of me!  But somehow, I've managed.

This post inspired by prompt number 3 at Mama's Losin' It!

11 comments:

  1. Ah, your spot looks very cozy. I guess you can hold up a magazine so you don't have to look at the view created by your husband and daughter...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do usually keep my eyes on my book and pretend the mess isn't there!

      Delete
  2. Your spot looks very cosy indeed, I wish I could fly over and just relax and enjoy your chair for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the pillow, but my husband hates it. He tosses it on the floor to make my comfy spot, his comfy spot!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh....other people's clutter! Always ruining places in my house too! If it were me I would just throw it away. Sure they will be mad at you for a bit, but they learn quickly! ;) Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it, but then I couldn't. I love listening to the music they can make with that mess!

      Delete
  4. So funny that your perfect spot is facing a not so perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was actually surprised by the picture. He hadn't realized it had gotten so bad!

      Delete
  5. If it's any consolation, the view from some of my favorite spots in the house is pretty similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I wonder if perfect spots would be as perfect as they are if it weren't for the not-so-perfectness that usually hovers close. I love that you gave us a picture of both.

    ReplyDelete