Monday, October 10, 2011

Reasons Why I Shouldn't Get A Mocha On My Way To Work

I can only think of two reasons why I shouldn't get a mocha on my way to work. One, it takes time away from money earned....and since I am always running late, I'm all ready doing that without adding a mocha trip. Two, it is not good for my hips, for which I've spent 30 plus minutes exercising this morning alone....do I really want to throw away those 30 minutes for a mocha?

The reason to get a mocha on my way to work is that my soul needs it.

For reals. It's a gray, wet, husband-less Monday, and I just need a bit of warm goodness to help me get through the morning. But it's not just about the mocha, it's about going to the same coffee stand for almost 20 years, it's the barista knowing not just my drink order, but also knowing my family and asking about my kids and my sisters, it's starting the work day with a friendly chat that is not work related.

I'd feel guilty if I had a mocha every day, or even every week, but I can't remember the last time I treated myself.

So. If I can get myself out of the house within 45 minutes, I will have time to get a mocha. It's a doable goal, if I get going right now.....

Mocha, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Michelle! Yes, I hear your logic and I approve! But I also commend you for taking the time to blog. I'd choose the mocha over blogging most any day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't get your mocha! I had 30 minutes to myself today and stopped for a latte. I've only been going there 4 years, but they finally know my name! Best 30 minutes of my day!

    ReplyDelete