Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This Side Of White Trash

Raise your hand if you've every used a shoe lace to jerry rig the toilet after the handle broke off and you couldn't see sticking your hand in the tank of water every time you needed to flush.

Raise your hand if you've ever had vice grips instead of a gear shift in a pea green behemoth of a car or if you've ever had pliers sitting on the edge of the tub to use turn the cold water on.

Raise your hand if you have one car and three motorcycles in various stages of being rebuilt, with blue tarps covering any that aren't being worked on at this moment.

If you've raised your hand to any of these, you might be a little bit on this side of white trash. It's cool, that's where I live.

I finally have a legit reason to have pink flamingos in the yard. They class up the joint.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I had a toilet sitting in my front yard for a while. And I currently can't turn on the water in my tub, but maybe with pliers I can. I think I have you beat, in that we moved into a house with no kitchen sink, and lived here for 3 weeks without a way to shower or bathe. Unless, we wanted to go outside and use the hose.

    ReplyDelete